"Recently, India has been growing at an unprecedented pace which has aroused a keen interest among foreign entities to establish their operations in India and tap into one of the largest and fastest growing market, and have access to some of the best human resources in the world."
Steps to Setup Liaison Office in India:
- Application to AD Bank
- Filing with MCA
- Opening Bank Account
- Post Incorporation Registration
Documents Required For Liaison Office Setup:
- Three copies of Form FNC1 obtained from the RBI need to be signed, sealed and delivered back to the RBI.
- English version of the certificate of incorporation / Registration or Memorandum & Articles of Association attested by Indian Embassy/ Notary Public in the country of Registration.
- Letter from the Director/CEO of the Company to the Reserve Bank of India stating its intention to set up a Liaison office in India. (English) (On the Company letterhead).
- Bankers report from the Company’s banker showing the number of years the company has had banking relations with the bank.
- Letter of authority from the parent company in favour of the local representative.
- Details of activities / services proposed to be undertaken / rendered by the proposed Liaison office in India.
- Residence proof and passport copies of the authorized personnel.
- A Resolution/covering letter to open the bank account in India.
A Liaison office is setup only for the purpose of representation and cannot undertake any commercial activity in India. Further, all the expenses for a Liaison Office is borne by the parent organisation.
General features of Liaison Office:
- Indian liaison office shall have named same as of its parent company.
- Governing body for a liaison office license is Reserve Bank of India (RBI).
- It is suitable for foreign companies looking to setup a temporary office in India to liaison its existing business with Indian clients.
- LO does not have any ownership; it is just extension of the exiting company in the foreign country.
- Such offices have to meet it expenses entirely through inward remittances of foreign exchange from the head office outside India.
- License granted to liaison office is valid for three years and needs to be renewed every 3 years.
PROCEDURE FOR REGISTRATION:
- Filing of application with RBI through AD Bank.
- Verification of KYC from the Banker of Parent Company.
- Approval of RBI for Project Office/Liaison office/Branch office Registration in India.
- Registration of Project Office/Liaison office/Branch with ROC Delhi.
- PAN Card, Tax Deduction Number and Bank Account Opening.
- Other Registration and Licenses.
Our team handles all kinds of incorporation with utmost due diligence. From documents compiling till the completion of the whole process our team works with utmost care leaving no potential loopholes. Our dedicated team of professionals provides assistance in the whole process and assures efficient working and completion of the matter under consideration.